vineri, 16 februarie 2024

Billy Joel - Turn the Lights Back On (2024, SOTD)

 Turn the Lights Back On marks Billy Joel's first original song in 17 years !!!


more info here

and an explanation with Billy J. on Howard Stern's show here. He brings up Edith Piaf's "Je ne regrette Rien", well...i agrre with Howard on this...

Lyrics: 

Please open the doorNothing is different, we've been here beforePacing these hallsTrying to talk over the silenceAnd pride sticks out its tongueLaughs at the portrait that we've becomeStuck in a frame, unable to changeI was wrong
I'm late, but I'm here right nowThough I used to be romanticI forgot somehowTime can make you blindBut I see you nowAs we're laying in the darknessDid I wait too longTo turn the lights back on?
Here, stuck on a hillOutsiders inside the home that we builtThe cold settles inIt's been a long winter of indifferenceAnd maybe you love me, maybe you don'tMaybe you'll learn to, and maybe you won'tYou've had enough, but I won't give upOn you
I'm late, but I'm here right nowAnd I'm tryin' to find the magicThat we lost somehowMaybe I was blindBut I see you nowAs we're laying in the darknessDid I wait too longTo turn the lights back on?
I'm late, but I'm here right nowIs there still time for forgiveness?Won't you tell me how?I can't read your mindBut I see you nowAs we're layin' in the darknessDid I wait too longTo turn the lights back on?
I'm here right nowYes, I'm here right nowLooking for forgivenessI can see as we're laying in the darknessYeah, as we're laying in the darknessDid I wait too longTo turn the lights back on?


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu