The new Resident is Evil ;)
Zach Cregger's new film after the success of last year's Weapons and before, his feature debut with Barbarian (2022) is a Resident Evil reboot. Obviously he is a huge fan of the game which I've never played and I've been bored to death with the series, started in 2002 with Paul W. Anderson/ Milla Jovovich's Resident Evil(s). I know that George A. Romero was the 1st one supposed to do the film and his script and project was rejected back then. It looks like Cragger had full imunity -Carte Blanche-and a huge budget. It's also considerd to be perfect Game play movie, I'd skip that atribute as I don't play video games, but here comes asa quality and I could see how it moves like that, but transcends on the screen beautifully...
Effective and uber cool synth score by Hays and Ryan Holladay, who did also Cragger's Weapons and songs for Barbarian. It features a horn section that is both creepy and jazzy. You can listen to all of it here. the film concudes with The Kinks' Animal farm on the end credits.
One of this year's best if not the best Horror flick in cinema, tie with 28 Years Later: The Bone Temple.
To be seen on the Big Screen, with the best Sound !
4 out of 5, 8 out of 10 !!!
Niciun comentariu:
Trimiteți un comentariu