joi, 12 ianuarie 2023

RIP Jeff Beck

 This is too close to home...:(((((((((

I saw Jeff last time in south of France in July 2022, he was great, in great shape, touring with Johnny Depp, which he supported in his ugly trial days...everyone was an awe...most of the audience came to see the pirate of Carrrab...what? no worries

...we had a lot of wonderful Pastis before...it was such a Pefect Day (Mishu? Lou?,Marseilles;)

Jeff was in super shape, playing his greatest, his Bolero included, Stratus too...all those french sweet girls came to se Jack Sparrow tho...but we knew the drill...and the roze... (accent on e;)

Jeff Beck is my favourite (and emphasise this, never WAS) guitarist (I guess / on a tie with Eddie Van Halen -and he was one of Eddie's faved  too:)

but at least I got to see him (JB) twice... (in Bratislava about ten or 11 years ago, remember Mircea, Relu, Ursu?)

-maan,mind typos, i'm shattered and half-drunk watching Jeff on Ronnie Scott's on youtube  now...few years back it was only the rare DVD...andigotthat concert as aXmas gift from a dear friend (Cristi Exo), wirt Vinnie Colaiuta on drums and Tal Wikenfeld on bass... Stratus at 5.50¬ (Billy Cobham, how I saw him playing this, I gotta write that story someday too;, Vlad ?) As u know my dream for Transilvania Blues was to bring Jeff Beck to Romania:(((( Too far, gone.....

I loved Jeff from The Faces on (can't say Yardbirds),  and one of my faved clip of the 80's with Rod Stewart, black and white/sepia cover of  People Get Ready, an anthem for friendship, if ever was one (or none;),  the train et all...yep, that train is gone for sure:(((( (mr.T.)

I loved him for all the refusals/ denials of greatness in super-bands  and his love of vintage cars, and gone mad in  fusion, Jazz, Jams  and yes, the Jan Hammer records..
.first record by Jeff Beck Group is entitled TRUTH ! which he BEHOLD !!!!
JB was an honest guy in a crooked business...He stood tall, or better said, he didn't give (a) shit about fame and brands...he cared about his custom cars...
I wish'd I had a drink with him...(but I did, and somehow I'm having one as I type this...)
I feel very sorry for Johnny (Depp) and Ronnie (Wood) and Rod (Stewart), whom I feel are carrying this load more than the rest...
**********It was an honor, sir !!!  And what a pleasure! I lived years of my life with theee...

You surely made this a better word !!!(and rock world, and jazz, and music whatsoever)..

Kudos! Love forever..(i can't get the emoticons, fuck off haters)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us8NH7AEvMg&t=641s

This is Jeff Beck's inducer's Jimmy Page in HALL OF FAMEin 1999 (and playing with Metallica)... bonus: Jimmy Page ( I knew him since we were 13).

...check out Ronnie Wood being happy !!!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu