luni, 30 septembrie 2024

RIP Kris Kristofferson

Again gone one of the great ones...Mr. Kris K. is one of my personal favourite heroes, just for his look, I fell in love at first sight. He didn't have to be tough, he was in his own right, One of the Only Ones !!!

Mr. Kris Kristofferson was 88


I think the first film I saw with him was The Sailor who Fell in Grace with the Sea (1976), or maybe it was Convoy (1978) ?

in the early Nineties they brought a film in the cinemas called Flashpoint (1984), a curio that I dug. Tangerine Dream scored it too. Also that dud, Millennium (1989-oi), and Welcome Home (1989), the last film from Franklin J. Schaffner. Triple Kris bill :)

His 1st film was Dennis Hopper's aptly titled ;) The Last Movie (1971). But even if there is Pat Garret & Billy the Kid (1973- forSerban Celea :(, the best is for me is now & for a long time that infamous and immortal Heaven's Gate .

Trivia: Kristofferson turned down Sorcerer, him and Steve Mc Queen, all respect for Roy Scheider, I would've seen both Steve and Kris in it...God of Movies said no :(

Yep, he was in Blade and Blade two. And Blade: Trinity, resurrected ;) And what about that Albert Pyun's Knights (1993)? With Mister Lance...

Also: Alice doesn't Live here Anymore, Cisko Pike (wow, the whole flick is on youtube!), A Star is Born (the 1976 version), Trouble in Mind, Lone Star (4 Andrei ;), Payback (not in the director's cut that we dig ;), & a fierce cameo on Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia..

I got one record on vinyl like over 30 years ago -I guess it was Repossessed from 1986- and was kinda disappointed cos it wasn't rock enough for me then ;) Too young & dumb & ...

posted here a song with his super band The Highwaymen, Desperados Waiting on a Train...

...now Kris is on the TRAIN, on the way to Heaven's Gate, to meet his old buddies, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Sam the Man (Peckinpah), James Coburn, Michael Cimino too...Willie Nelson still Standing !!!


Kristofferson said that he would like the first three lines of Leonard Cohen's "Bird on a Wire" on his tombstone: 

Like a bird on the wire
Like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu